At Foreign Tax Returns Limited we recognise that privacy is important and therefore make it a priority to protect it. We are registered under and bound by the Irish Data Protection legislation and the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) as well as by our own strict guidelines. This Policy applies to all of the services offered by Foreign Tax Returns Limited.
If you have any questions about your personal data or about this Policy, please feel free to contact us through our website or write to us at Foreign Tax Returns Limited, Unit 50 Northwood Court, Santry, Dublin 9.
This policy is effective from 24 May 2018.
Information we collect and how we use it:
- Information you provide: When you sign up to become a client of Foreign Tax Returns Limited, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, home address, email address and some initial details about your foreign property). This information will only be used for the purposes of maintaining your details on a client database in order to process your business and also for preparing your relevant tax return.
- User communications: When you send email or other communication to Foreign Tax Returns, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Customer Activities: When you visit Foreign Tax Returns, we send one or more cookies – a small file containing a string of characters – to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. We can then monitor customer activities on our website. This helps us to determine how best to provide useful information to customers and to understand which parts of our websites and Internet services are of most interest to them. As is true of most Web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system & date/time stamps. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyse trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.Foreign Tax Returns only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Foreign Tax Returns in the following limited circumstances:
Foreign Tax Returns only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Foreign Tax Returns in the following limited circumstances:
- When we have your consent.
- We provide such information to any of our any of our service providers or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf:
- We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We use your payment information to process payment of fees for our services.
- We may disclose your information to any of our services providers including those engaged by us to perform functions for the processing of tax returns and any persons necessary to ensure Foreign Tax Returns Limited compliance with any applicable law, regulation or legal requirement.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
We take appropriate security measures including administrative, technical, and physical measures to protect against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorised access to systems where we store personal data.
Foreign Tax Returns uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where personal information is required including credit card details.
We restrict access to personal information to employees of Foreign Tax Returns, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Foreign Tax Returns processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected from you with your consent, and in accordance with this Policy.
We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services.
Foreign Tax Returns has safeguards in place to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use Foreign Tax Returns services, we make every effort to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes.
You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Data, and in accordance with our obligations under the GDPR. We will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly. To find out what Personal Data we hold on you, to request a copy of your personal data or to have your Personal Data updated, amended or removed from our database, please contact us via our website, or contact us using the contact information below.
Changes to this policy
We will not reduce your rights under this Policy without your explicit consent, and we expect most such changes will be minor.
Regardless, we will post any Policy changes on this page and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice (including, for certain services, email notification of Policy changes).
You can contact us by writing or email us at the address below:
Data Protection Officer
Foreign Tax Returns
Unit 50 Northwood Court
Tel : 01 – 6675114, 01 6675115
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org